I always like pasta salads, as this is a quick and easy meal option that is still healthy and fresh. I often get a premade pasta salad from Albert Heijn when I need to have my dinner at the dance studio. They are quite nice, but I figured I could make them myself as well. So I got the following ingredients:
- Pasta (any pasta but spaghetti or tagliatelle)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Rocket leaves
- Balsamic dressing
Not a lot of ingredients at all right? And there are not a lot of steps required to make the salad either:
- Cook the pasta according to the description on the package.
- After the cooking time, rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Wash and cut both the rocket and the cherry tomatoes.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Put the pinenuts in a dry pan and roast them for about 2 minutes. Keep shaking them around so they don’t burn.
- Put everything in a large bowl where you can mix everything together.
- Add the balsamic dressing to taste. Personally, I noticed I needed more than I though at first.
- (Optional) For me, the salad needed a tiny bit of sea salt.
- Dig in and enjoy!
It’s as simple as that!