I know October is officially the pumpkin month and October is over now, but for me, it is still pumpkin season. I had made a soup earlier this month already, but I wanted to do something else with pumpkin as well. So when I found this gorgeous recipe for curry with pumpkin from Half Baked Harvest, I could not resist buying a
beautiful butternut squash pumpkin. It was however, way too big, so I had about half a pumpkin left. Another thing I wanted to bake for a long time were pumpkin muffins and this was, of course, the perfect reason to make them.
I used the following ingredients:
◾Half a butternut squash pumpkin
◾420 grams of flour
◾a teaspoon baking soda
◾120 grams of dark brown caster sugar
◾2 teaspoons cinnamon
◾a pinch of nutmeg
◾a pinch of cloves
◾half a teaspoon salt
◾a teaspoon vanilla extract
◾two tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and put 12 paper liners into your cupcake tray.
- Measure out the flour, sugars,
baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes of about 2 by 2 centimeters and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Puree the pumpkin in a bowl where you can add the other ingredients as well.
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of the dry ingredients and stir together. Don’t mix too long, but make sure everything is blended very well.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake tray and fill up almost the entire paper liner.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. Check them by inserting a skewer into the middle of a muffin. If it comes out without any batter sticking to it, your muffins are ready!