So, this isn’t really a recipe. But it doesn’t really fit my ‘Inspiration’ category either and I feel like I need to share this with you guys, so it is an unofficial recipe.
A couple of days ago, I did not feel like cooking dinner at all, but I did want to eat something that is comforting and still healthy. So I was thinking about a tosti (grilled cheese sandwich, but I kind of missed the healthy part in it. Then suddenly I remembered a grilled sandwich with avocado I had seen on Instagram lately (I love how inspirational Instagram can be by the way) and figured that would be perfection!
So I got the most amazing bread from Jordy’s Bakery: Sourdough multigrain and the lady at the shop kindly cut the bread in thick slices for me. The bread is so delicious, I can’t even describe it! It has so much flavor and when you grill it, the flavor is even better. Then I got an avocado and some cheese of course. I didn’t want mozzarella or regular cheese this time as I wanted a cheese with a bit stronger flavor, so I looked for something else and found sliced Port Salut. A Port Salut does melt very well, so this was a nice option.
So what you need is:
- Sliced bread (doesn’t really matter what kind of bread)
- An avocado
- Port Salut slices
- Paprika powder
Preparing the sandwiches is really simple actually:
- Lightly smear butter on one side of each slice of bread (make sure to keep these sides on the outside)
- Take the skin off the avocado and slice it thinly
- Place a slice of the Port Salut on one slice of bread (the not-buttered side)
- Place the avocado on the cheese and sprinkle with the paprika powder and pepper
- Place the other slice of bread on top and press it firmly
- Put it in your sandwich grill and grill untill the cheese heas melted
That’s all! Not really a recipe huh? But so tasty! We enjoyed it so much the combination was just prefect! You could eat them with a little ketchup if you want, I think that would be nice as well!